CRSE provides individual therapy, group therapy, education, and treatment for youth and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including autism spectrum disorders.
Our expert clinician treats youth and adults with disabilities who have experienced or are experiencing depression, anxiety, sexual trauma, and other traumas using a multi-modal approach.
Therapeutic education sessions may include
- Respect, privacy, personal space, and boundaries
- Reading social cues and body language
- Internet and cell phone safety, including online messaging and sexting
- Sexual mistakes
- Types and degrees of trust in relationships
- Identification and expression of feelings
- Right touch, wrong touch, and the concept of consent
- Suitable social behavior including public versus private behavior
- Self-esteem and speaking up for self
- Making a friend and being a friend
- Changes of puberty
- Male and female anatomy and mature sexuality
- Qualities of a healthy relationship
- Warning signs/red flags in an unhealthy relationship
- Attractions and dating
- Sexual messages
- Managing sexual feelings
- Conception and birth
- Prevention of unplanned pregnancy
- Transmission, symptoms and prevention of sexually transmitted infections
- Recognizing and responding to abuse
- Sexual acts that are against the law
- Other individuals topics as needed
- Individual clinical services, education, treatment: $90.00/session (45-55 minutes)
- Individual case consultation: $120.00/hour
- Formal report and recommendations: $480.00/per report
- Gender-specific or coed therapeutic interpersonal skills group: Price varies, please contact us.
Sessions are held at Oak Hill, 120 Holcomb Street in Hartford, Connecticut. (Please feel free to contact us
discuss meeting at other locations).