Support Where You Need it Most
As an approved vendor for the state's "Self-Directed Services" program, our highly trained disability specialists can come directly to your home to provide support and help you with a care program you have developed.
In-home services are designed for individuals with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities. Depending on your case, you may be eligible for reimbursement of up to $50,000 per year for these services.
Find out if you are eligible
The Connecticut Department of Developmental Services (DDS) determines your eligibility for self-directed services. We can provide you with services as long as you are enrolled with them and have received a letter confirming your eligibility.
Oak Hill is a recognized private provider by the Connecticut Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Self-Determination Waiver Programs
How does it work?
Under this new waiver program, an individual selects services and supports from a menu of options. Contact us to learn more.
- Builds a package that best meets the individual’s needs and preferences;
- or individuals can choose to hire their own staff;
- or hire agencies to provide staff;
- or pick services from a list of qualified vendors;
Oak Hill is one of the qualified vendors who will be providing services to people enrolled in this new waiver program.
What are the requirements?
Individuals must be enrolled in either the Connecticut Self Determination Programs with Department of Developmental Services (DDS) to receive services; or
Parents and guardians should receive letters from the Connecticut Department of Developmental Services (DDS) and will need to work through their case manager to complete the enrollment process to ensure services continue into the future (self-determination enrollment process)
Waiver Programs Defined
- The Comprehensive Waiver is for people who live in licensed group homes, community-training homes or assisted living. It can also be used for people who live in their own home or their family’s home, who are in need of a comprehensive level of supports, usually because of significant physical, behavioral or medial support needs. Over the next five years, this waiver will support 150 new people each year with residential home support averaging $50,000 per person.
- The Individual and Family Support Waiver is for people who live in their own or their family’s home and receives less extensive supports that typically cost less than $52,000 annually. Typical supports would be day/vocational services and some in-home and/or respite supports. Over the next five years, this waiver will support 100 new people each year averaging $6,000-7,000 per person.
- In-home supports
- Day Service Supports
Comprehensive (24 hours/7 days a week) residential programs
- A wide range of living and employment options