Connecticut’s Largest Private Provider of Services to People With Disabilities
Oak Hill provides a full range of services to people with disabilities. We help all ages, from newborns to seniors. And our experienced staff covers the needs of every intellectual, developmental and physical disability.
We believe that people with disabilities have the right and capability to be contributing, productive members of their communities. Building from that belief, we established a full-service organization to care for, educate and advocate for disabled people, their families and their communities.
Oak Hill’s Vision, Mission & Core Values
Oak Hill’s Vision for People With Disabilities – Oak Hill’s vision is that people with disabilities will be able to achieve their full potential, engage in their community and meaningful relationships, and fulfill their physical, intellectual, emotional, economic, social, and spiritual needs.
Oak Hill’s Vision – Oak Hill will become and will be recognized as Connecticut’s go-to resource and partner for providing high quality, individualized, culturally responsive care for people with disabilities.
Oak Hill’s Mission – Oak Hill sets the standard, partnering with people with disabilities, to provide services and solutions promoting independence, education, health and dignity.
Oak Hill’s actions, policies, and day-to-day decisions are guided by these core values
- Responsibility: The people we serve are the center of all we do and we continually seek ways to help them develop their potential.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves and our programs to the highest ethical standards.
- Diversity: We seek staff and board members with diverse skills, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds and who demonstrate respect and cultural sensitivity toward each other and the people we serve.
- Partnership: We maximize quality when we work in collaboration with families, donors, payors, other providers, and the communities in which we operate.
- Excellence: We expect quality and professionalism in all of our programs and activities.
- Fiscal Stewardship: We manage our financial, human, and technological resources prudently to provide high quality, sustainable services that meet immediate and future needs and support long-term fulfillment of our mission.
Oak Hill Programs Broken Down by Numbers: 10 Classrooms 70 Group Homes 23 Day Programs 13 Individual and Family Support Programs 7 Centers 1 Advocacy Program 73 Towns Across Connecticut
Read More about Oak Hill Programs Here: Oak Hill Advocacy Oak Hill Agency Overview Oak Hill Assistive Technology Oak Hill Blindness and Low Vision Program Oak Hill Camps Oak Hill Camp Hemlocks Oak Hill Community Programs GILEAD Community Services Oak Hill Hemlocks Center Oak Hill HR Department Oak Hill Relationship and Sexuality Education Oak Hill School Oak Hill Wrap Around Services
We are the proud affiliate of Easterseals. For 100 years, Easterseals has served as an indispensable resource for individuals with disabilities, veterans, seniors and their families. Easterseals affiliates in communities nationwide serve 1.5M people through high-quality programs including autism services, early intervention, workforce development, adult day care and more.