Welcome to The CRSE at Oak Hill
The Center for Relationship & Sexuality Education (CRSE) broadens access to important sexual health information and addresses the overwhelming vulnerability to sexual abuse experienced by the intellectual and developmental disability community. We do this by providing learning materials and professional development to members of the disability community, their families/guardians, medical professionals and the educators who support them.
Our goal is to support sexual health and safety for adolescents and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
People with developmental disabilities have the right to information about their body and safe sexual expression according to their individual capacity to learn.”
— Lucille M. Duguay, Established the Oak Hill Center for Relationship & Sexuality Education
Curriculum & Workbooks
Complete materials for sexuality education and sexual health include:
- Positive Choices, an industry-leading curriculum that helps young adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities learn life skills, safe boundaries, women’s and men’s health, healthy relationships, sexuality and more. Complete classroom materials include easy-to-understand lessons and a comprehensive teaching guide
- A series of seven workbooks that provide detailed sexual health information for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Teaching Sexual Health CD-ROM, which includes ten sexual health units in PowerPoint format and best practices for providers
View these videos to learn more about our materials and importance of supporting safe and healthy relationships:
- Safe relationships & sexual health for people with disabilities
- Healthy relationships, sexuality & safe boundaries for students with disabilities
At this time we are not providing clinical services but please check back, or for more information, please contact us.
Classes & Workshops
Delivered by our experienced staff, CRSE provides presentations and workshops on a variety of sexual health and healthy relationship topics for parents and professionals. For individuals with disabilities we provide relationship and sexuality education classes which involves utilizing our industry-leading curriculum, Positive Choices.
For disability professionals, clinicians, management, and direct care staff, we provide in-depth education offerings. We train individual staff members, train a single staff member to train others, train a department (e.g. school district special education department), or deliver independent seminars.
Check out our resources!
Resource materials are available to help implement successful strategies for supporting safe, healthy sexuality for youth and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Get in touch for find out more at info@OakHillCT.org