What an Oak Hill Career Can Do for You
No matter where you are in your career (just starting out, seasoned professional, or looking to make a change), Oak Hill has something for you. We look for compassionate, kind, and empathetic individuals to work with the individuals we serve. We don’t require any experience to work as a Residential Program Worker, Residential Program Technician, or an Assistant Teacher 1 (though it’s helpful). We train and support you as you learn your job functions, plan for your future, and grow as a professional.
Interested in getting started with us? Complete our online application to get in touch with one of our recruiters who can advise on the best option for you.
Our Benefits- At a Glance
What you can expect from us
At Oak Hill, we invest in our employees by offering:
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits- Concerned about costs? We’ve got you covered.
- We pay 50% of your medical deductible through a desirable Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Cost to you is nearly 50% lower than the national average
- Retirement Benefits in sought after 403(b) plan- Whether you choose to contribute or not, we contribute 5% of your gross earnings each year into a retirement account for you.
- Free Long-Term Disability Insurance- If you get sick or injured, we have your back!
- Free and low-cost Life Insurance options- At Oak Hill, our employees don’t need to worry!
- Career Pathways and Counseling- We work with our staff to identify their goals and help them get there.
- Up to $1,200 in tuition assistance for your coursework per year, so you can follow your dreams.
- Relationships with local colleges and universities that get you a discount on your degree!
- Structured career tracks for LPNs and Educators, with more pathways coming soon!
- Oak Hill is a certified Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) provider. By working for us, you become eligible to have a portion of your student loan debt forgiven. For more information: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
- Paid Time Off
- 2 – 4 weeks of paid vacation, depending on your position and number of years spent as an Oak Hill employee
- Personal days
- Sick time, so can take care of yourself and your loved ones
- 12 Paid Holidays (now including Juneteenth!)
- Staff Recognition and Appreciation Events
For full benefit details, please consult with our 2022 Employee Benefit Guide: Employee Benefits Guide_2022
“I started at Oak Hill School 35 years ago as an Assistant Teacher. Since then, Oak Hill strengthened my efforts to progressively grow personally and professionally throughout positions that I held. I always felt like a part of an incredible, creative team that is supported to make a difference in people’s lives every day. The work is not always easy, but is certainly very rewarding and fulfilling. As I near my retirement from Oak Hill, I am very happy that I chose Oak Hill to start my career.” – Ana Witting, Chief Administrator of Oak Hill Schools
“On the business side of the agency, I impact
the mission from behind the scenes. I make
strategic decisions to help carry out Oak Hill’s,
Gilead’s and Easterseals’ missions. We are all
able to help in different ways to improve lives,
build futures, and promote independence,
education, health and dignity.” – Christine Lieby, Treasurer and CFO
“Oak Hill has created immense opportunities to
develop my career and grow personally and
professionally. I’ve become a stronger advocate
for those with disabilities though my work here and
learning from my colleagues. I love that I can
participate in the development of person- centered
services that promote independence and inclusivity,”– Nicole Feeney, Senior Director of Oak Hill Centers