Oak Hill Legacy Society
The Oak Hill Legacy Society celebrates donors who have committed to the future of Oak Hill by giving through their wills, trusts, life insurance policies, or retirement accounts. These types of planned gifts often allow supporters to make large donations that may not otherwise be possible during their lifetimes. In joining the Oak Hill Legacy Society, donors partner in Oak Hill’s life-affirming mission for generations to come.
Ways to Join
You become a member of the Oak Hill Legacy Society when you indicate in writing that you have made a planned gift to Oak Hill through your estate. These gifts can take different forms, including:
- Naming Oak Hill in your estate plan (will or trust)
- Establishing a charitable remainder trust that benefits your family first, and then Oak Hill
- Naming Oak Hill as a full or partial beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan
Benefits of Membership
Your support is a lasting investment in the future of the people served by Oak Hill’s transformative mission. Because of donor generosity, our family members, friends, and neighbors with disabilities are able to dream, aspire, achieve, and thrive. Oak Hill will never cease to overcome disability challenges by setting high standards and partnering for new solutions. You become part of this vision and story.
Additional member benefits include:
- Certificate of recognition and a pin to identify you as an Oak Hill Legacy Society member
- Invitations to special Oak Hill events
- Name on commemorative brick displayed at Oak Hill’s main campus
- The option to have your name or a loved one’s honored in our annual report
Over the past year, Oak Hill’s services helped over 26,818 people in Connecticut overcome barriers to their independence.
“I would be lost without Oak Hill. They have brought me up to be the person I am today.
I’m a bright and efficient kind of a guy and I have a lot to be proud of.” – Danny Laskow
If you are not sure which gift type best fits your goals, we can help you create a plan that meets your personal needs. Just call us at 860.769.3893
(860.286.3113 TTY) or email us at Michael.Hoffer@OakHillCT.org