About The SHOW:
Oak Hill’s New England Assistive Technology (NEAT) Center connects people with the latest assistive technology, helping them effectively perform many tasks independently, overcome obstacles, and enhance their quality of life.
Smart technology is empowering people with disabilities and aging adults by making homes more accessible. New smart home tools can provide a unique level of support and access to the world for people with disabilities and those 50 and over, and they can be the lifeline that helps someone remain in their home, or age in place.
The NEAT Center offers education and training on these devices so that anyone can incorporate them into their everyday lives. The NEAT Center is proud to offer the Smart Home on Wheels (SHOW), a mobile demonstration center where individuals and groups can learn more about technology to support independent living.
Register here to join us for these FREE events, located at 33 Coventry Street, Hartford, CT 06112
Sponsored by AARP, NEAT will be hosting monthly smart home technology demonstrations in 2022. Each tour will highlight a specific area of need to showcase the latest, cutting-edge technologies and offer insight on the ways that these tools can support independent living and social connections.
- July 15, 12pm – 2pm; Fall Detection
- August 22, 12pm – 2pm; Routines with Alexa Google
- September 6, 6pm – 8pm; Smart Lights & Smart Plugs
- October 6, 12pm – 2pm; Entertainment: Fire TV Cube, Adaptive Xbox Controller
- November 2, 12pm – 2pm; Low Vision, Hearing Impairment, & AAC (Alexa Compatibility)
- December 1, 12pm – 2pm; Security: Motion Detection, Door & Window Sensors, & Smart Locks
For more information, contact: CenterConnect@OakHillCT.org